RDF Ltd. is a software company specialized in the area of parametric geometry and Semantic Web. The main work comprises of the development of complex kernels/components for other software companies and prototype end-user applications in case the target area is new and not well covered by other software companies. Typical examples of work done by RDF is the handling of 3D storage and operations (Constructive Solid Geometry, Generated Parametric Geometry) for component libraries, fast and stable parsers and reasoned for Semantic Web standards. RDF Ltd. is performing internal research and development in the focus areas of ‘Parametric Geometry’ and ‘Semantic Web’. This includes work on reasoners on Semantic Web ontology/knowledge but also parametric extensions of modern standards based on longer existing technologies like STEP, including AP203, AP214 and IFC (see also parametric IFC editor). This research is feeding/improving and financed by a small set of technical components that require license fees and support by other software companies using these components. Components created and supported by RDF are used by software vendors all over the world, Europe, United States, Asia and Australia.
Main roles in INCEPTION
- T 1.1, T 1.2,T 1.3: Active role in stakeholder analysis, in the definition of a nomenclature or “glossary of names” as for semantic enrichment and modelling in BIM environment, mapping and classification of requirements (common and specific) for potential users of the product of the project.
- T 2.1: Input to develop an integrated methodology and protocol for Cultural Heritage acquisition
- T 3.1, T 3.2, T 3.3: Processing an integrated H-BIM model, development of the semantic approach.
- WP 4 LEADER, ALL TASKS: Being responsible as a leader of the whole WP in the development of an interoperable sharing platform to store models from surveyed data and reconstructions/simulations related to specific historical periods, in order to sharing knowledge and allow new interpretation and understanding of European cultural assets.
- In particular in T 4.1 leadership to create a new open standard Heritage-BIM especially focused on the requirements for Cultural Heritage knowledge to represent the information into the developed BIM. T 4.3 leadership for the semantic web ontology for a BIM-based platform.
- T 5.1: Active role in the setting of stakeholders’ profiles, different roles, demands and requests for use cases
- T 6.1, 6.2, 6.3: Input in the development of mobile devices, testing user applications, innovative viewer and query interfaces/data extraction. Inclusiveness and accessibility using VR and AR tools.
- T 7.1: Input to knowledge dissemination, publications in professional and scientific journals, workshops and presentation to academia and professional associations, development of exploitation strategy and plan.
- T 8.1, T 8.2, T 8.3: Active participation in management meetings (general assembly), involvement in the scientific management, fulfilment of all obligations for reporting.
Key persons involved
PETER BONSMA (male) - M. Sc, Director
Mr. Peter Bonsma MSc is the co-owner of RDF Ltd. and the technical architect of the components developed by RDF Ltd. He has a degree in technical mathematics. After working for many years on mathematical optimization algorithms and compiler development his focus changed to geometry and ICT standardization. Peter developed the basis of several ISO standards/proposals and is part of the Model Support Group of IFC, one of the main standards in the building and construction area. With more than 12 years of experience in geometry standards and development of a commercially used real time CSG algorithm, as well as a long history in Semantic Web, he is now focused as technical architect on complex technical components for other software companies.
IVETA BONSMA (female), M.Sc., Manager
Iveta Victorova Bonsma is the co-owner of RDF Ltd. and the operational manager of RDF Ltd. Iveta has more than 12 years of experience as a software developer and a Linux system administrator. Has years of experience as an IT manager and software development project manager. Currently leading the research and development of parametric modelling.