VISION BUSINESS CONSULTANTS
Vision Business Consultants (VBC) is a technology consultancy supporting businesses and organisations to realise their technological and operational goals. Its mission is to provide concrete and measurable results of significant added value for its clients' bottom line. VBC is involved in a wide range of activities pertaining to operations support, business development, research and technological development, process improvement, innovation management and technology transfer. VBC has been established in 2005 in Athens, focusing initially on operations support, business development and technical training. It has further expanded its activities later, providing expert consulting services to European Commission's RTD Framework Programmes on several technological domains for projects’ evaluation and review, as well as exploitation and innovation strategy consultancy. VBC activities cover a broad spectrum of services today, for the implementation of which the company draws on the extensive industrial & research experience, engineering & scientific knowledge, skills & competences of its associates. VBC has developed and is maintaining a network of business partners and associated consultants from different educational and professional backgrounds in Greece and Europe, capable to engage with and support clients and projects wherever such requirements may arise. VBC’s consultants can also provide expert advise & support on industry and RTD projects, as well as professional services related to industrial automation solutions, software development, innovation brokerage, product & market development, demonstrator development, intellectual property valuation and technology transfer activities to SMEs and other organisations. Accomplishments for VBC include the successful delivery of innovative technology and research projects, strategic partnerships on commercial tendering opportunities for expert services and innovation consultancy, as well as implementation of important framework contracts for technical services, training provision and technology transfer.
Main roles in INCEPTION
- T 1.1, T1.2, T 1.3: Active involvement in the establishment of the broad stakeholder panel, documentation of the technical requirements of cultural heritage, collection of information and sharing knowledge.
- WP5, T 5.1, T 5.7: VBC will lead the demonstrator definition and implementation activities in WP5, as well as contribute towards the organization and carrying out of Demonstrators’ requirements analysis, planning and implementation activities’ coordination, in addition to dissemination & exploitation planning activities of the project, including activities such as business planning, development and maintenance of the project’s web portal, PUDF, Communications & Dissemination Planning, Virtual Exhibition for Demonstrators, Clustering Activities and External Stakeholders Group. In particular will be responsible as a leader for the demonstration case in Greece, the
- Municipal Theatre and Municipal Gallery of Piraeus (T 5.7) by coordinating data capturing, 3D scanning and modelling.
- T 7.1: Active participation in the dissemination network.
- T 8.1, T 8.2, T 8.3:: Active participation in management meetings (general assembly), involvement in the scientific management, fulfilment of all obligations for reporting.
Key persons invoved
DIMITRIS KARADIMAS (male) - Managing Director
Mr. Dimitris Karadimas, is VBC’s Managing Director and has more than 25 years of industrial experience, a significant amount of which in Electronics and Telecommunications manufacturing companies. Prior to this, he has served as General Manager in an innovative technology solutions & services start-up, focusing on the delivery of ICT solutions and services to the IT & Telecoms industry. Earlier, he has served for several years at senior technical and commercial management positions in medium and large size multinationals. He has also worked considerably in the past with a significant number of EU and national funded RTD projects in the areas of Production Management, Product & Process Design, Enterprise Modelling, Supply Chain & Logistics Support, Business Process Re-engineering and Product Life-Cycle Management. He is also providing consultation as an industry expert to several of the European Commission DGs and Agencies on Framework Programme projects’ review & evaluation, project technical advisory, as well as exploitation and innovation strategy consultancy. He holds an M.Sc. in Computer Integrated Manufacturing from Cranfield University, UK and a B.Sc. in Computer Engineering from Roger Williams University, USA.