ATHENS DEVELOPMENT AND DESTINATION MANAGEMENT AGENCY
The Athens Development and Destination Management Agency (ADDMA) supports Athens’ ongoing evolution as a contemporary European capital, by designing, planning and implementing a wide range of projects and actions throughout its metropolitan area. ADDMA plays a pivotal role in supporting the City of Athens to deliver its ambitious 10-year strategic plan. This plan, known as The Athens Project, is responding to the challenging economic climate of recent years by focusing on the city’s human capital and the tradeables sector. In parallel, ADDMA implements actions addressing social cohesion and invests in measures promoting urban sustainability.
ADDMA has designed this comprehensive 10-year development program around 5 priorities:
- Boosting competitiveness and entrepreneurship: The goal is to support local entrepreneurship. The enhancement of the tourism sector is a strategic priority within this axis.
- Improving Athenians’ quality of life: The quality of everyday life will be improved by a series of cutting-edge green development policies and actions.
- Promoting urban regeneration: Urban areas are to be regenerated through the substantial renovation and development of public buildings, squares, open spaces and city infrastructures.
- Managing the social crisis: Alleviating social imbalances through targeted interventions tackling poverty and ensuring social inclusion.
- Technical Assistance: ADDMA provides technical assistance to municipal departments and affiliated organizations in order to ensure both smooth implementation and to sustain its impact.
The ADDMAS’s Resources come from:
- ADDMA operates as an Intermediate Body (IB) of the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) 2007-2013 and undertakes, through the allocation of funds by the Attica Regional Programme, the management of projects which are co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) amounting to €85 million. In addition ADDMA’s IB manages €5 million from the European Social Fund (ESF) allocated by the Human Resource Development Operational Programme (HRDO).
- ADDMA employs officers from the Management Organisation Unit of the Ministry of Development and works closely with the private sector via an extended network of associates.
Xenofontos 7, 105 57, Athens, Greece