Slovenian Association Of Earthquake Engineering (SDPI)
Slovenian Association of Earthquake Engineering (SDPI) has been established in 1983 with the primary purpose to contribute to development of the field of earthquake engineering through various professional activities and to promote security awareness and actions of the population and state authorities in mitigation of the earthquake impacts. The main objectives of the SDPI are:
- To act in accordance with the recommendations of the document UNISDR (United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction) called "The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030".
- To promote and carries out research and professional work in favour of increasing the area of security and reduce the risks from earthquakes;
- Ensures continuous professional education, particularly through the organization of lectures and seminars and publish academic and popular science publications;
- Concern to raise safety awareness by informing against earthquakes and publishing in media and sweat electronic media such as the website and the Association of Associations networks;
- Collaborates with national and international organizations dealing with seismic engineering, mainly to European and International Association for Earthquake Engineering (EAEE and IAEE) and the UNESCO-m and the organizations issuing standards in this field (in particular CEN European Committee for standards and the ISO International organization for standardization);
- Participates in the design, evaluation and implementation of practice standards and regulations in the field of earthquake safe construction and seismic protection of endangered populations and material goods;
- Participates in the formation and functioning of groups of experts to determine the causes of damage and the collapse in earthquakes and assessing the damage and the safety of buildings after earthquakes.
Roko Žarnić, President
Groharjeva ul. 2b, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia